Tonight was one of the first nights all week that my husband and I got to sit down and eat dinner at-the-same-time. So, I wanted to make it a good one. After he got his second bowl; I mentally brushed my shoulders off 😉
Here’s what I came up with…
|EVOO + s/p + grape tomatoes + 375 degrees = roasted tomatoes. mmmm.|
|for no mess meatballs- make little foil cups in a cupcake pan!|
Tortellini and Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp salt + pepper
- 1 package tortellini, cooked
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, roasted
- sprinkle or two of parsley
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Make 2-3 tbsp sized meatballs with mixture.
- Place in cupcake pan [as seen above] or in even rows on a cookie sheet. Spray either [vigorously] with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. Meatballs should be firm.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine Greek yogurt, pesto, and red pepper flakes.
- Add freshly cooked pasta to Greek yogurt mixture- and stir carefully.
- When meatballs are finished, add to the pasta mixture.
- Spoon out pasta + meatballs. Add desired number of roasted tomatoes.[the more the merrier!]
- Sprinkle with parsley, parmesan and enjoy!