For a day that started out cold, gray, and foggy…
it sure turned into something beautiful!
Tonight’s dinner was both inspired by my craving for my favorite Chinese food [[beef + broccoli]] and a recent recipe I saw in Cooking Light.
Sando’s Sesame Stir-Fry
[using my short-cuts you can have this prepared and on the table in 20mins. seriously.]
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 lb pre-sliced beef [flank or skirt steak work best]
- 8 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces [white and light green parts only]
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat EVOO in large pan [or wok] over high heat.
- Add beef to pan. Cook until desired temperature. [about 3 mins for med.rare]
- Remove beef from pan.
- Add onions and steamed broccoli. Cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add beef back to pan. Pour soy sauce mixture and toss.
- Turn off heat and let simmer.
- Serve alone or over Uncle Ben’s 90-second Jasmine rice. [yummy!!]
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
yeah. it was good!!!