Old Bay? good! Pancetta? good! Tomatoes? good! Potatoes? good! Eggs? goooood! unless you are a Friends fanatic like we are, you might not get this goood reference. We can thank Joey Tribbiani for this one.
this little ditty came together as I went, but turned out delish!
- 6 eggs, whipped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- 3 [or more] tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pancetta, cubed
- s+p to taste
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- heat EVOO over med-high heat in large pan.
- add potatoes, and stir until they begin to brown.
- then add onions, tomatoes + pancetta. season with Old Bay.
- once onions are soft and potatoes are sizzling + brown, pour egg mixture over potato.
- slightly tilt pan to make sure all of the potato mixture gets covered by eggs.
- sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top + cover.
- reduce heat to medium-low.
- keep covered for about 10-15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
[instead of covering, you could throw the whole pan in the oven under the broiler for a quicker option. as I said, I kind of created this as I went and did not use a pan that I could throw in the oven. hence, step 7-8!]
this is a true Marylander’s breakfast– but even my North Carolinian husband gave it two thumbs up. which in our world means a high-five + a pat on the tush. [too much??]
in other news…
I had my first trip to The Container Store today. Spring cleaning took on a whole new meaning.
before + after
[[ahhhh...so much better]]
The Container Store
it’s like a candy store!
i may or may not have had the urge to run down the isles squealing “weeeeee!!”
i have a feeling this will not be the last time i visit this place. until next time- you pretty organized thing you!