You ever just have a hankering for something because of something you saw on TV or in a magazine. Well, this happens to me often. I’m an advertisers dream! I was looking back through some old cooking mags trying to decide which ones to keep + which to pitch and I came to a section devoted to Thai cuisine. One of the recipes was a peanut noodle salad of sorts. Mind you, this scenario was occurring at 6pm on Friday eve, while I was laid-up on the couch nursing a barometric pressure
headache. Dinner time was right around the corner and I knew any minute Kev was going to saying–“so what’s on the menu tonight, babe?” Sooooo, with some quick thinking [and using only what I had on my shelves] I came up with this quick + easy recipe. Cured my headache, hit the spot and it took me maybe 20 minutes to make. Success people!
Quick + Spicy Peanut Noodles
- 8-10 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 3 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- heat sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over med-high heat. [be careful not to burn the red pepper flakes!]
- add honey, soy sauce and peanut butter. slow stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- remove from heat. pour sauce into a large mixing bowl. add cilantro + carrots.
- finally add cooked pasta and using tongs, combine with sauce.
serve immediately. have peanuts on hand? add some for a yummy crunch!
these sweet little chopsticks traveled all the back from Japan with me.