spring is popping out all over! this weekend was glorious. warm, sunny, and colorful! it had me hungry for something light + fresh. orzo to the rescue! check out this easy- low calorie- delicious recipe I came up with to celebrate the start of my favvvvorite season.
springy pretty-ness. coming out of the
gray months – color is such a welcomed change!
Sweet Italian Sausage Orzo Salad
- 6 oz orzo, cooked
- 5 links [or one package] of Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, pre-cut
- 1 medium onion, halved + sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 4 tbsp goat cheese
- cook sausage, onions, and carrots over med-high heat. season with s+p to taste.
- put pesto + chili garlic sauce in large bowl. add orzo + mix well.
- add sausage mixture to orzo and stir.
- finally, add tomatoes and goat cheese [pinched into small chunks] and gently stir.
serve over your choice of greens + dig in. you won’t be sad ya did! 🙂
Oh – that Oprah.