one of the best trio’s known to [wo]man.
This one is pretty simple folks and it is happy-dance good. I may or may not have actually done a little happy dance while eating this guy late Saturday morning. Just sayin’… there’s a strong possibility! It’s that good.
Caprese Egg Sammy
recipe inspiration from The Curvy Carrot’s Caprese Eggs Benedict
recipe = 1 sandwich
- 1 poached egg
- not sure how to poach an egg? check out this awesome how-to from the Smitten Kitchen
- 1 slice of tomato (heirloom or beefsteak)
- 1 slice mozzarella
- 2-3 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 english muffin, divided and toasted
- 1 tbsp of butter spread of choice (I’m partial to Earth Balance)
- s + p to taste
toast your english muffin. spread your buttery spread. poach your egg(s).
layer english muffin with tomato slice, mozzarella slice, and place poached egg on top.
sprinkle egg with salt and pepper. finish with basil on top.
This stuff is ___________. I’ll let you fill in the blank.
It’s gluten free, lactose free, and egg free [vegans unite!].
With all those things “missing” you’d think it would taste like __________.
I’ll letcha fill in that one too. But seriously trust me when I say it’s one of my favorite discoveries!
Whoops. I think I drooled a little…