If you haven’t noticed yet, I dig finger food. I dig it a lot. In fact if you are a frequent follower [bless you] you’ve seen quite a few finger food recipes poppin’ up on this deelightful site. I think I’m such a fan of finger foods because they’re just so easy and always a crowd pleaser. You can sit or stand or prance around [my movement of choice] while eating. It’s fun, ok??! It makes me feel like a kid again. You know, when I’d practice my latest and greatest ballet moves around the kitchen table while stuffing chicken nuggets with honey in my mouth [totally safe]. I never let a silly thing like dinner get in my way. No no! The show must…go on.
Anywho…here is my version of the classic “pigs in a blanket.” Around here we’re pretty big Capitol’s fans. And unless ESPN is one of your go-to channels in your household, you might not know that they are currently in the playoffs. [COME-ON BOYS!!] So, one lovely CAPS game-day, I decided finger food was in order. I scoured the fridge and found leftover chicken sausage + biscuits. Done. The rest was history. Let it be known, from that day forth a new finger-food was found and loved by all [or just us Weis’…and maybe you? wink-wink, nudge nudge].
Grown-Up Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 Pilsbury container of regular biscuits (10)
- 2 Italian chicken sausage links, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 egg, for egg-wash
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Jarred honey-mustard
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- pop open biscuits. place on cutting board. slice in half. using one half, wrap around sausage slice. make sure the ends touch and are secured together.[otherwise you’ll have a pig in a…towel?!] continue with all biscuits and sausage slices. place evenly spaced on a foiled lined baking sheet with seam facing up.
- brush with egg wash and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until sausage is cooked and biscuit is browned.
- remove from oven. place on serving plate and drizzle with honey mustard.