Vegetarians and Vegans beware. This post is not for you. I’m sorry, but I’m not.
I’m a lady who proudly enjoys bacon with
everything. And this dish is one of them!
Bacon, ground pork, and pepperoni. Yep, that just happened. It’s like a meat-lovers pizza all wrapped up in a creamy pasta sauce. Best part is, this meal is quick-easy-and downright yummy.
Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Meat Lovers Pasta Bake
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 cup of pre-sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes [or more if you like an extra kick]
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 3 cups jarred marinara
- begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees and cooking bacon in a large pan. cook until browned. then remove from pan and let drain on a paper towel. reserve bacon grease in pan.
- add ground pork to pan. brown and season with garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, and red pepper flakes. add yellow pepper, onion and pepperoni slices. stir well.
- melt cream cheese into meat mixture and add marinara sauce. stir until well blended.
- remove from heat + slowly add spaghetti to sauce pan a little at a time. use tongs to combine sauce and pasta well. pour into greased casserole dish.
- top with browned bacon, colby-jack cheese and a sprinkle or two of Italian Seasoning. bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
check out that cheesy-meaty goodness.
it’s a beautiful thing.