So I think this summer is becoming the summer of the jalapeno. If you’ve been following along closely, you’d agree that I can’t seem to get away from this little hotties. I adapted this popper recipe from my Aunt & Uncle in-law. I had these a couple of years ago when I first met my husband @ a family BBQ…and I was hooked! They make their poppers on the grill, mine I made in the oven. Either way, these are soooo good. Hot and spicy but yet sweet and savory thanks to the BBQ sauce and the all powerful BACON!!! They’re a snap to make and a huge crowd pleaser. Make’em for your fam or for your next BBQ.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin by filling your jalapenos with cream cheese using a small spoon.
- Next, using about 1/3 of a slice of bacon [depending on the size of your jalapeno] wrap the cream cheese filled jalapeno. Place the wrapped jalapeno seam side down on a greased foil lined baking sheet. Continue with desired amount of jalapenos.
- Finally, brush bacon wrapped peppers with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked.
To get bacon extra crispy, switch oven to broiler.