Ready for a delicious, flavorful, and hearty meal? Thought so.
This dinner is really a twofer. It’s a simple pasta dish and fully loaded meatballs. You could always make one without the other, but I think they’re quite fantastic when paired together.
// Feta Meatballs over Pesto Gemelli //
serves 4-6 with 18 mini meatballs
- 1 lb ground meat [beef or turkey]
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 dashes of worcestershire
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, whipped
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz gemelli, cooked
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, for zest
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- begin by heating oven to 400 degrees. cook pasta al dente, drain, rinse, and reserve on the side. combine pesto, Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. pour warm pasta into bowl over pesto mixture and combine well. meanwhile saute carrots, onions, and sweet peppers over med-high heat with EVOO. once vegetables are tender, add to pasta mixture along with the zest from one lemon.
- next, line a mini-muffin pan [or baking sheet] with foil and spray with a non-stick spray. then combine all ingredients listed for meatballs in a medium sized mixing bowl. using your hands, create mini meatballs [the smaller the meatballs, the less likely they are to dry out] about two 2 tbsps, and place them on your foil lined baking sheet or mini muffin tin. bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- finish by serving meatballs over gemelli pesto pasta and sprinkling basil on top.