Fall, it’s my favorite. The multicolored leaves decorate the horizon against brilliant blue sky’s. Weekends are filled with outdoorsy activities like apple picking, haunted hayrides and pumpkin patch prancing. And lets not forget the foooood. Pumpkin everythanng, football watching treats & warm’n’cozy soups of course! THIS is one of those cozy comfort soups that will warm your soul after a day outside with friends & family. THIS soup was seriously deelicious. Like so good, I literally could not walk away from my bowl. It has the perfect blend of kick, spice, and full-bodied heartiness from the veggies & full-flavored chorizo. I inhaled this chili and I’m not ashamed of it. Yep, it was that tasty. Don’t take my word for, make it and see for yourself!
- Begin by cooking bacon in skillet. Cook until browned on both sides. Remove and let drain on a clean paper towel.
- Without removing bacon renderings, add onions and carrots. Cook about 2-3 minutes over med-high heat or until onions are softened.
- Add green peppers, jalapenos, and garlic. Season with half amount of chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Lower heat, stir and let simmer.
- Once vegetables are softened, add both cans of fire roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir and let simmer. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour tomato & vegetable mixture into crockpot. Begin to heat to high. Pour (drained & rinsed) beans over mixture in crockpot.
- Meanwhile return skillet to stove and add chorizo. Cook until browned. Chop the sausage into bite sized bits as it browns. Once cooked through, pour over crockpot mixture.
- Season with remaining seasonings, and stir well!
- Set crockpot to high for 4 hours, or low for 7. Stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, top with desired toppings & enjoy!! The more toppings the better, in my opinion!