Frozen. It’s 2014 and we’re frozen. Cold, icicle forming weather calls for warm and cozy soup. This recipe of an old classic is seriously simple & has some great flavor combinations that really infuse a great modern twist. And as always, the more bacon…the better! 😉
- Fry up the bacon in your favorite soup pot over medium high heat. Remove browned bacon to drain on a paper towel. Leave bacon drippings in pot.
- Add potatoes and onions to pot with drippings. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over potatoes and onions. Stir to coat mixture.
- Add half&half to potato mixture and chicken broth. Then bring to a low boil.
- Then using a hand mixer, or robot coupe blend soup until thickened and smooth.
- Finally add nutmeg, Old Bay, thyme, cheese and remaining bacon (crumbled) to soup mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve immediately.