Toasted Tortellini

Ready for a ridiculously easy appetizer? This is a quick go-to of mine that is always a crowd pleee-zer. I usually cook the tortellini the night before a party or event and then toast it up about 20 minutes before guests are supposed to arrive. Simple enough? Yes. I say yes.

photo-1

Toasted Tortellini

Ingredients

1 bag of your favorite store bought cheese tortellini
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper
1 cup of your favorite jarred marinara sauce

Instructions

1. Cook tortellini until al dente.
  2. Spread tortellini out evenly on a foil lined baking sheet.
  3. Mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper to taste.
  4. Sprinkle bread crumb topping over tortellini and place baking sheet under the broiler on low.
  5. Broil for 7-9 minutes, or until tortellini is crisp to the touch and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
  6. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping!

10 thoughts on “Toasted Tortellini

1. Becky says:

These remind me of the fried ravioli they would serve at our dining hall in college. They were my favorite thing, and probably the cause of my freshman 15! Can’t wait to give these a try.

2. Constance G. says:

I am having a cocktail party the night after Thanksgiving. I am hosting for Turkey Day so while I want everything to be gracious, I do not want to prepare the equivalent of another holiday meal. This appetizer looks wonderful–not a load of prep time and a perfect thing to offer.

3. Megan says:

I’m making these for my NYE party tonight! Thanks for the quick and easy recipe!

4. Paula says:

Did you use fresh or dried tortellini, and does it make a difference?

5. Katie says:

Hi! Making the tortellini a few hours prior…how do you keep them from sticking together / drying out?

6. Lindsey says:

Hello! I have a housewarming party this weekend and would like to at least prepare the tortellini the night before and then toast before the crowd comes. How would you suggest storing the tortellini so nothing dries out or sticks? Thank you!

7. Sando | The Daily Deelight says:

I would say you can boil the tortellini but don’t toast it until the day of. Pre-boiling it would be time-saving for sure. Make sure to add a little olive oil to the cooked tortellini’s so they don’t stick together overnight. Hope that helps! Have fun!