Sorry for going
radio silent on you guys. I have my reasons, but I’m not really ready to explain why just yet. I’ll get there…but until then how about a yummy distraction? Monday Meatloaf Meatball Sub anyone?
This was super deelish. Like take a bite and awkwardly moan good. Whoops. Yeah that pretty much says it all. Oh annnnd it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Sold.
- In a large mixing bowl whip egg, add ground meat, bread crumbs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Adobo Seasoning, dried basil and salt & pepper to taste. Mix everything together using your hands.
- Form one large patty. Then using your fingers pull small chunks apart and form small meatballs between your two hands. One should fit in the palm of your hand. Do this for entire meat mixture.
- Place meatballs in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown each side of meatballs (1-2 minutes each side), then cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove lid & remove cooked meatballs from skillet. Place meatballs on a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel to soak up any excess oil. Meanwhile drain oil from pan & return to heat.
- Add meatballs back to pan and cover with marinara sauce and let simmer.
- Place rolls in a oven safe dish opened. Broil on high to toast for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven, place 2-3 meatballs in sub rolls, cover with extra marinara sauce and top with cheese. Return to broiler for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove & serve immediately!