Thrilled to share with you my interview for Bicoastal+. It’s being featured on the site under their “everyday entrepreneurs” series. I answer all kinds of questions from “When did you decide to turn your love of food into a business?” to “What has been your proudest moment or milestone with your blog?” to ” If you were a food, what would you be and why?”
Below is a taste of my interview. If you’re hungry for more check out the full interview here. While you’re there be sure to check out their full range of articles that’ll keep you in the know, coast to coast.
>> Any advice to hopeful bloggers? Food bloggers specifically?<<
1. Be yourself & make it your own. (easier said than done)
2. Don’t get intimidated by the massive amounts of other blogs out there. It’s so easy to get caught up and be comparative, but try to look at it through a lens of inspiration.
3. Go to conferences. There are so many amazing ones available to bloggers of any genre. They are life changing on so many different levels. And they’re usually in really rad cities.
4. Link up on the local level. Reach out to local bloggers in your area. Get together… like, in person. It makes a huge difference & who knows, you might make a life-long friend… like I did. 🙂
5. Live your life and let your blog be the reflection… not the other way around.
6. Never stop learning or having fun. Seriously. If it stops being fun, it’s time to take a break or switch gears.
7. If it scares you, it’s worth it. Own it and go for it. People appreciate honesty & authenticity way more than someone who only shares the highlight reel of their lives.
8. NETWORK! Lift other bloggers up. The community of bloggers I’ve gotten to know and be apart of is so wonderful in that sense. There’s no competition (well, only a little healthy competition), just virtual high fives and words of affirmation.