With the 4th of July right around the corner, here’s a little bite-sized inspiration. These are a great- simple take on a classic holiday favorite. Strawberry shortcake is pretty much my favorite “cake” besides cheesecake.
Yep, don’t like cake. Sorry?
I made these little guys recently for a bon voyage party for one of my dearest friends’. These easy- quick desserts are seriously scrumptious and crowd pleeeeasers. They’re a play on the classic because instead of the classic sponge-cake I dipped into my semi-southern roots and used biscuits instead. These are perfect to have in hand while watching those sizzling fireworks light-up the sticky sky with friends and family. Plus they’re just so cute! Right? Come’on put your patriotic pants on and make these for your own festivities this coming Friday.
- Bake biscuits according to directions.
- Cut strawberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Stir well and let sugar dissolve.
- In a small bowl, add vanilla extract to cream. Then whip whipping cream until thick.
- Once biscuits are finished, let cool and then cut each biscuit into fourths. Then cut each fourth in half horizontally. (like you're going to make a mini sandwich)
- Assemble bites by staking a 1/4 biscuit smeared with whipping cream, then a strawberry (or two) then finish with another 1/4 of a biscuit smeared with whipping cream.